Top 10 Instagram Posts of 2017
From innovative new products to mouthwatering meals, countless great moments were captured on Instagram in 2017. Here are your favorites.
It was another banner year for veganism, marked by legislative victories, mainstream media coverage, and, of course, incredible food. And nowhere captures plant-based cuisine better than Instagram, where vegans around the world share gorgeous, inspiring photos of food, fashion, and exciting new products. To celebrate this milestone year for all-things vegan, here are the most popular VegNews Instagram images of 2017.
1. Trader Joe’s Coconut Whipped Cream and Häagen-Dazs’ Dairy-Free Ice Cream
Dairy-free products have taken over the food industry in 2017, and we’re celebrating with vegan ice cream topped with a mountain of vegan whipped cream.
2. Trader Joe’s Whipped Cream
Just in time for the holidays, this coconut-based whipped cream was piled on top of vegan pies all over the States.
3. Whole Foods Whipped Cream
Speaking of whipped cream, Whole Foods was first on the scene with its pressurized can of vegan goodness, and we ate it right up.
4. Trader Joe’s Pesto
Creamy cashews paired with fresh kale and basil make an absolutely dreamy spread, and die-hard TJ’s fans have been buying it up like it’s going out of business (which it’s not).
5. Trader Joe’s Almond Nog
There’s no denying the absolute flood of plant-based products popping up left and right at Trader Joe’s, and we are totally prepared for the holidays thanks to this seasonal nog.
6. Trader Joe’s Holiday Roast
Crispy breading coating savory turkey-style seitan and flavorful stuffing is now only one trip to Trader Joe’s away.
7. Follow Your Heart Cheeses
Dairy-free cheese is better than ever, and we definitely can’t decide between all of the choices at our fingertips. We guess we’ll need to Follow Our Heart, as cheesy as that sounds!
#VegNews marched today for all women, including women of color, trans women, queer women, undocumented women, Muslim women, disabled women, and the like. And of course, it was great to see folks' intersectionality extend to the animals, too ✊️🚺🌱 #womensmarch #vegan #veganism #plantbased #vegansofinstagram #vegansofig
8. Women’s Rights March
VegNews took part in this historical global event this past January, marching for women of color, trans women, queer women, undocumented women, Muslim women, and disabled women. We loved seeing attendees extend their mindset of equality to the animals, as well!
9. Häagen-Dazs Ice Cream Pints
We practically ran to our local Target to scoop up these decadent pints when they debuted in July.
@starbucks just announced two non-dairy bottled Frappuccino beverages coming in 2018. VegNews editors are in dire need! UPDATE: VegNews has confirmed that while the new drinks can’t be verified vegan because of processing on shared equipment, there are no dairy or animal ingredients in these beverages’ formulas. Check out VegNews.com/news for the full story!
10. Starbucks Dairy-Free Frappuccinos
2017 may be coming to an end, but we are so eager to try Starbucks’ non-dairy bottled Frappuccino beverages in 2018!
7 Glittery, Fabulous, Thrilling, Uncompromising, Inclusive, Vegan Ways I Plan on Celebrating Gay Pride Month
As a seasoned vegan lesbian but a brand new Angeleno, this year, I'm going all-in.
Read More »
The Ultimate Vegan Road Trip PART ONE
The first in our two part-series begins in the Northeast and ends in Sweet Home Chicago.
Read More »
Sizzling Vegan Summer Beauty Brands and Tips
Its too hot to contour, and who has time to paint a painstaking smoky eye when there are veggie burgers to grill and rosé to drink?
Read More »
9 Simple Steps to Making a Vegan Man Cave for Father's Day
This Father's Day, gift Dad with a perfect vegan addition to his sanctuary.
Read More »
8 Easy Ways to Have a Relaxing Father's Day
This June 17, you might be surprised by what Dad really wants …
Read More »
- 28 Vegan Father's Day Gift Ideas for Every Kind of Dad
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- 5 Ideas for a Great Vegan Spring Wedding
- 5 Zero-Waste Tips for Vegans
- 40 Things I Desperately Want to Eat at Los Angeles' Hottest Vegan Festival
- How to Throw the Ultimate Graduation Vegan Barbecue
- 5 Ways to Celebrate a Vegan Mother's Day with Your Mom
- 7 Pampering Vegan Products That Say I Love You, Mom
- Wicked Kitchen Chef Dishes on the Future of Vegan Food
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- 3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
- The Ex-Airline Pilot Behind New York's Favorite Vegan Burger
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
- We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
- VegFest Puerto Rico Built Community and Mainstreamed Veganism
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
- Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene