You Are 5 Minutes Away From Having the Perfect Vegan Winter Face
Get your seasonal glow in less time than it takes to brew your morning coffee.
If you’re anything like us, all you want come winter is moisture and an easy, rosy glow. Basically, we want to look the opposite of what winter can do to our faces if we don’t bathe it in a vial of oil every night. Once we lock down this hydration situation, the makeup goal is to do as little as possible to look alive and dewy (but not like we’re trying). Why? Because the time we don’t spend during December trying to perfect winged liner or contour like Kim K instead gets spent drinking vegan nog at holiday parties and cooking our way through The Edgy Veg: 138 Carnivore-Approved Vegan Recipes cookbook (hello, tomato bisque and grilled cheese combo!). To find out how to achieve the perfect five-minute face, we’re highlighting a few of our favorite vegan beauty products that helps us get a foolproof-but-fast winter glow.
We’re exploring a few different oils right now and loving WHYLD’s Youth Activating Elixir made with marula oil and Gaffer & Child’s argan-oil -based Hydrating Serum. A little bit of WHYLD’s new Dynamic Defense lotion, and we’re lubed up and ready to prime.
We’ve just not been that into sticky SPFs after discovering Coola’s Mineral SPF 30 Makeup Primer at natural beauty haven Credo. The product goes on like a slightly chalky primer and disappears like sun-protecting magic—the best of both worlds.
We’re not bothering with full-on foundation for this five-minute face. Instead, just a few strategic swipes of Arbonne’s new The Real Conceal Liquid Concealer under our eyes, around our noses, and wherever else is looking a little pinker than we’d like.
Our favorite new finds this season are One Over One’s Base Glow Sheer Light, which can go all over (but we use it like a traditional primer plus a generous swipe over eyelids), or Kjaer Weis’ solid Cream Highlighter (another Credo find). We started with cautious applications of both, but now we go wild to maximize that winter dewiness.
We’ve been using one little pot of Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadow in Diamond Dog after dark, and that’s it for serious nighttime dazzle. The product is buildable and sparkly in a way that doesn’t work for us during any other time of year.
Troublemaker is our new go-to for major lashes. In other words, it’s Diorshow gone vegan. The product is buildable, makes our lashes look fatter and longer, and doesn’t find its way underneath our eyes after 30 minutes like other vegan mascaras do.
To set everything, anywhere, we use La Bella Donna’s portable mineral SPF LBD powder in Sun because you can never have enough sun protection on your face (and because we know that some Botox and fillers aren't vegan).
We’ve been into Thrive Causemetics’ Triple Threat Color Stick for an easy, natural boost of color to lips and cheeks. Bonus points for being made with vitamin C and primrose oil for extra hydration.
10 Reasons New Vegan Documentary The Game Changers Will Literally Change Every Game
One part What the Health and ten parts of the most inspiring fitness routine you've ever seen, this new film—executively produced by James Cameron—will have you sweating in your seat.
Read More »
25 Accidentally Vegan Snacks You Can Find at Virtually Any Convenience Store
Forget the quinoa, and pass the Sour Patch Kids.
Read More »
14 Ways to Step Up Your Vegan Popcorn Game
Whether you prefer savory or sweet, weve got something for everyone on this list of snack-worthy recipes to celebrate National Popcorn Day.
Read More »
In 2018, Being Vegan Also Means Being a Recycler
Recycling saves the planet (and its inhabitants) and is great for tight budgets.
Read More »
Well, That Was Quick. 7 Ways Were Breaking Our 2018 Resolutions with the New Vegan Ben & Jerrys Flavors
The debut of the new flavors from this iconic ice cream brand have us dreaming of all the ways we plan on eating them.
Read More »
- How a Vegan Celebrity Chef Became One of Biggest Influencers in Atlanta
- 4 Vegan Athletes Who Think You Need to Join the #PlantMilkChallenge
- From 6 Months to Live to a New Lease On Life: Veganism Saved Her Life
- If Your Baby Could Talk, They Would Tell You They Really Want Vegan Diaper Ointments
- If Going Vegan is Your Resolution This Year, Read This
- 2018 is the Year of the Vegan Wine and Cheese Pairings
- How a Vegan Restaurateur Balances Work and a Hunter Husband
- You Are Only 6 Steps Away from Your Best Vegan Year Ever
- Everything You Need to Know About Milk Substitutes
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams' Enforced Policy Literally Saved His Life
- Frick 2017! Heres What VegNews Editors Plan to Do in 2018 …
- Want to Lower Your Blood Pressure? Go Vegan!
- Are Your Sweeteners as Vegan and Ethical as You Are?
- Is So-Called Clean Meat Vegan? Paul Shapiro Has the Answer
- The VegNews Vegan Starter Kit
- The 12 Best Vegan Desserts of All Time at Trader Joes
- Winter Doesnt Stand a Chance Thanks to These 5 Vegan Skin Products
- Why Jackie Day Should Be Your New Vegan BFF
- 9 Vegan Startups You Need to Know About in 2018
- 2018 is the Year Your Skin Goes Vegan, Too