2010 Best of Show
After scouring the selection at this years largest natural products expo, the VN crew returns with the fifth annual Best of Show winners.
Every March, thousands of people flock to Anaheim, Calif., for the annual Natural Products Expo West. Open only to those in the natural-products industry and media, the three-day show boasts dozens of aisles, hundreds of booths, and thousands of attendees determined to show off and seek out the hottest natural products. This year, VegNews attended in search of the top new vegan goods. After hours of research, testing, and deliberating, we're proud to announce the winners of the fifth annual Best of Show awards! Check out the full feature in the upcoming July+August issue, and keep your eye out for these amazing offerings, coming soon to a store near you.
Amy's Gluten-Free Mac 'n' Cheeze
Indulge in unbelievably melty and delicious vegan mac ‘n' cheese in minutes, sans pesky allergens.
Cal Naturale Svelte
We're still craving these satisfying meal replacement shakes, packed with vitamins, minerals, and protein.
Earth Friendly Products DuoDish
The first of its kind, this gentle, earth-friendly dish detergent does double duty in both the sink and dishwasher.
Eastbluff Trading Company Cacao Tea
Made from cacao husks, this fragrant tea is like sipping melted chocolate. Who could argue with that?
Gardein Mandarin Crispy Chick'n
Crispy meatless chicken covered in a sweet and tangy orange sauce makes the perfect meal.
Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
An addictive chocolate spread packed with roasted hazelnuts, this sweet treat is revolutionizing snack time.
Kaia Foods Kale Chips
Our love for kale reached a new level with these crispy snacks, coated with sesame seeds for extra crunch.
There's never been a tastier way to get a dose of vitamin B-12! Each pop provides a whopping 3.6 mg of the good stuff.
SoCalCleanse Charcoal Body Products
Gentle and effective, these detoxifying cleansers also come wrapped in plantable, earth-friendly packaging.
So Delicious Coconut Water Sorbet
Not your average sorbet, this rich, coconut water-based dessert satisfies with fun flavors, such as hibiscus and mango.
Frozen vegan pizzas come ready to bake, topped with veggies, Daiya cheese, and Tofurky meatless toppings.
Zuke's Superfood Dog Biscuits
Companion animals deserve delicious treats, too. These superfoods-packed biscuits will keep any pup healthy and happy.
Beyoncé Debuts New Vegan Meal-Planning App
The 22 Days Nutrition program—which the singer co-owns with nutritionist Marco Borges—has launched a new meal-planning feature to make vegan food accessible to all.
Read More »
Costco Sells One Million Vegan Burgers in 60 Days
Don Lee Farms' organic plant-based burger exceeded sales expectations and will soon be available in restaurants and the brand's other partner stores.
Read More »
James Cameron Hopes Veganism Will Make Viagra Obsolete
The celebrated director discusses The Game Changers, a film that showcases the benefits—such as longer-lasting and more frequent erections—of a plant-based diet.
Read More »
German Brand Develops Vegan Mushroom Shoe Line
Mushroom leather is the latest alternative to animal leather.
Read More »
Casey Neistat: Impossible Slider Is "Beefier Than Beef"
During a taste-test in Brooklyn, the respected YouTube personality said the animal-based cheeseburger at White Castle tasted "like mush," while the new plant-based Impossible Slider tasted "like meat."
Read More »
- Popular Burger Chain Debuts Vegan Beetnik Burger
- Delivery Service Veganizes Meghan Markle's Favorite Dish
- Plant-Based Pork to Curb Meat Consumption in Asia
- Bentley Designer Predicts Animal-Free Future for Cars
- Former Beyond Meat Chef Debuts New Vegan Bacon Chips
- Four New Vegan Dishes Hit Whole Foods Markets
- Canada Gets Its First Vegan Vending Machine
- Anthony Bourdain Says Plant Foods Help End World Hunger
- France Bans Use of "Meat" for Plant-Based Products
- Israeli Salami Brand Debuts Vegan Meat Line
- Vegan Burger Bar Pops Up for Earth Day
- 100,000-Square-Foot Vegan Block Party Hits LA
- Luxe Shop Debuts Vegan Avocado-Shaped Ice Cream
- IKEA Promotes Plant-Based Eating for Earth Day
- '50s Style Vegan Diner Opens in Michigan
- Vegan Chicken Nugget Startup Raises $1 Million
- Impossible Foods Makes First International Debut
- Cleveland Chef Debuts Bitchy Vegan Homo Cooking Show
- Vegan Girl Scout Thin Mint Chickpea Snacks Debut in June
- Vegan Tacos Win Food Battle Against Fish Tacos