A Vegan Mothers Day Your Mom Will Love
Vegan brunch is just the beginning when organizing the best Mothers Day celebration ever.
If you think Mother's Day is just an excuse to sell greeting cards, you're only half right. Unlike most holidays, Mother's Day gives families the unique opportunity to celebrate the special bond between children and mothers, which if you ask us, is very deserving of annual—if not daily—recognition. This year, dazzle Mom with a rich, soul satisfying vegan brunch—trust us, she'll be thrilled that you took the time to prepare a homemade buffet of breakfast goodies. After washing down scrumptious strawberry French toast with perfectly mixed mimosas, pamper Mom even more with gifts ranging from the timeless, including chocolates and flowers to the extravagant, such as a gift certificate for an eco-spa retreat. Whatever your plans, remember that the most important part of Mother's Day is reminding Mom what an important and extraordinary person she truly is—greeting card optional.
Since Mom is obviously a champ, prepare to whip up a brunch spread truly fit for champions. Get energized for the day ahead by sipping cozy, comforting Irish Coffee topped with Whipped Cream and noshing on tasty Blueberry Scones—and that's just the appetizer. A classic brunch combo must include several essential side dishes and at least two mouthwatering main courses, striking the perfect balance between sweet and savory. Start by frying up breakfast favorites such as crispy Potato Pancakes and spicy Tempeh Sausage, and pair them with other stick-to-your-ribs standards including tantalizing Tofu Scramble and buttery Chive Biscuits covered in saucy, rustic Cashew Gravy. For a sincerely show-stopping centerpiece dish, look no further than fresh, fluffy French Toast covered in sweet Strawberry-Rhubarb Syrup. Now that you're officially Mom's favorite child, bring on dessert! If you're too stuffed to handle gooey Cinnamon Buns or rich, Parisian-inspired Vegan Crepes, then stick to light, chilled Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt—yes, on Mom's special day even yogurt should be indulgent.
Need some help planning a wonderful post-brunch day for Mom? Here are a few of our favorite ways to show Mom a splendid, stress-free afternoon. If you have a big family who wants to join in, throw a fabulous backyard soirée complete with live music, dancing, games, and even more delicious vegan food. For a smaller affair, plan a perfect spring picnic packed with vegan cheese and crackers, chilled white wine, and a deck of playing cards. For a more traditional take on Mother's Day fun, organize a fancy tea party and serve Mom's favorites as well as exotic, new flavors to charm her palate. For the most luxurious way to show mom a good time, plan an eco-spa escape, guaranteeing the ultimate rest and relaxation experience.
Meet the Vegan Anthropologist Changing Academia
Dan Sayers is changing the way we view anthropology—and those who follow vegan lifestyles.
Read More »
Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
Soulgoods organic food is converting people to veganism by showing customers that cruelty-free doesnt have to taste like cardboard.
Read More »
5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
If youre a vegan high school student, health class just might be the hardest course to pass.
Read More »
Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
Share your work with the world, and spread the vegan message? Yes, and yes.
Read More »
Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
Learn about St. Pattys Day parades, vegan food and drinks, and the man who started it all.
Read More »
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden
- The 10 Vegan Swag Bag Items That Will Make You Wish You Were Going to the Oscars
- Want to Make Sure Your College Choice Is as Vegan as You Are? Here's How
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- Rapper Styles P's Juice Shops are Introducing More Hip-Hop Fans to Plant-Based Living
- Cafeterias Across the Country are Going Vegan. Here's Why ...
- We'd Love These 10 Celebs Even More if They Went Vegan
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- Want Political Change? It's Time to Start Voting Vegan
- A Vegan Teen Guide to Ordering Food at Non-Vegan Restaurants
- 5 Reasons Your Next Vacation Should Be Aboard the Vegan Holistic Holiday at Sea
- How Do You Remember 100 Songs in 4 Days? For Pop-Punk Band Alkaline Trio, the Answer is Veganism
- 5 Woman-Owned Vegan Businesses You Should Be Obsessed With
- 6 Valentine's Day Gifts for that Vegan Curmudgeon in Your Life
- 6 Red-Hot Vegan Lipsticks To Drive Your Valentine Crazy
- How a Vegan Canadian Figure Skater Prepared to Win Gold at the Winter Olympics
- How to Be a Vegan Teen Valentine
- Vegan Valentine's Day Tips From No. 1 Best-Selling Author Kathy Freston