A Vegan Mothers Day Your Mom Will Love
Vegan brunch is just the beginning when organizing the best Mothers Day celebration ever.
If you think Mother's Day is just an excuse to sell greeting cards, you're only half right. Unlike most holidays, Mother's Day gives families the unique opportunity to celebrate the special bond between children and mothers, which if you ask us, is very deserving of annual—if not daily—recognition. This year, dazzle Mom with a rich, soul satisfying vegan brunch—trust us, she'll be thrilled that you took the time to prepare a homemade buffet of breakfast goodies. After washing down scrumptious strawberry French toast with perfectly mixed mimosas, pamper Mom even more with gifts ranging from the timeless, including chocolates and flowers to the extravagant, such as a gift certificate for an eco-spa retreat. Whatever your plans, remember that the most important part of Mother's Day is reminding Mom what an important and extraordinary person she truly is—greeting card optional.
Since Mom is obviously a champ, prepare to whip up a brunch spread truly fit for champions. Get energized for the day ahead by sipping cozy, comforting Irish Coffee topped with Whipped Cream and noshing on tasty Blueberry Scones—and that's just the appetizer. A classic brunch combo must include several essential side dishes and at least two mouthwatering main courses, striking the perfect balance between sweet and savory. Start by frying up breakfast favorites such as crispy Potato Pancakes and spicy Tempeh Sausage, and pair them with other stick-to-your-ribs standards including tantalizing Tofu Scramble and buttery Chive Biscuits covered in saucy, rustic Cashew Gravy. For a sincerely show-stopping centerpiece dish, look no further than fresh, fluffy French Toast covered in sweet Strawberry-Rhubarb Syrup. Now that you're officially Mom's favorite child, bring on dessert! If you're too stuffed to handle gooey Cinnamon Buns or rich, Parisian-inspired Vegan Crepes, then stick to light, chilled Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt—yes, on Mom's special day even yogurt should be indulgent.
Need some help planning a wonderful post-brunch day for Mom? Here are a few of our favorite ways to show Mom a splendid, stress-free afternoon. If you have a big family who wants to join in, throw a fabulous backyard soirée complete with live music, dancing, games, and even more delicious vegan food. For a smaller affair, plan a perfect spring picnic packed with vegan cheese and crackers, chilled white wine, and a deck of playing cards. For a more traditional take on Mother's Day fun, organize a fancy tea party and serve Mom's favorites as well as exotic, new flavors to charm her palate. For the most luxurious way to show mom a good time, plan an eco-spa escape, guaranteeing the ultimate rest and relaxation experience.
In 2018, Being Vegan Also Means Being a Recycler
Recycling saves the planet (and its inhabitants) and is great for tight budgets.
Read More »
Well, That Was Quick. 7 Ways Were Breaking Our 2018 Resolutions with the New Vegan Ben & Jerrys Flavors
The debut of the new flavors from this iconic ice cream brand have us dreaming of all the ways we plan on eating them.
Read More »
How a Vegan Celebrity Chef Became One of Biggest Influencers in Atlanta
Chef Ahki brings a much-needed relevance and relatability to many who never imagined themselves going vegan.
Read More »
4 Vegan Athletes Who Think You Need to Join the #PlantMilkChallenge
Cruelty-free athletes explain why they ditched dairy and how they fuel their bodies with plant-based milks.
Read More »
From 6 Months to Live to a New Lease On Life: Veganism Saved Her Life
In the popular Veganism Saved My Life series, we share stories of people who have witnessed extraordinary health overhauls thanks to a plant-based diet.
Read More »
- If Your Baby Could Talk, They Would Tell You They Really Want Vegan Diaper Ointments
- If Going Vegan is Your Resolution This Year, Read This
- 2018 is the Year of the Vegan Wine and Cheese Pairings
- How a Vegan Restaurateur Balances Work and a Hunter Husband
- You Are Only 6 Steps Away from Your Best Vegan Year Ever
- Everything You Need to Know About Milk Substitutes
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams' Enforced Policy Literally Saved His Life
- Frick 2017! Heres What VegNews Editors Plan to Do in 2018 …
- Want to Lower Your Blood Pressure? Go Vegan!
- Are Your Sweeteners as Vegan and Ethical as You Are?
- Is So-Called Clean Meat Vegan? Paul Shapiro Has the Answer
- The 12 Best Vegan Desserts of All Time at Trader Joes
- Winter Doesnt Stand a Chance Thanks to These 5 Vegan Skin Products
- Why Jackie Day Should Be Your New Vegan BFF
- 9 Vegan Startups You Need to Know About in 2018
- 2018 is the Year Your Skin Goes Vegan, Too
- Top 10 Vegan Recipes of 2017
- Forget Cookies. Here are the 7 Vegan Treats Santa Really Wants This Year ...
- 6 Survival Tips for Vegans at Holiday Parties
- 10 Last-Minute Vegan Stocking Stuffers for the Best Christmas Ever