A Vegan Mothers Day Your Mom Will Love
Vegan brunch is just the beginning when organizing the best Mothers Day celebration ever.
If you think Mother's Day is just an excuse to sell greeting cards, you're only half right. Unlike most holidays, Mother's Day gives families the unique opportunity to celebrate the special bond between children and mothers, which if you ask us, is very deserving of annual—if not daily—recognition. This year, dazzle Mom with a rich, soul satisfying vegan brunch—trust us, she'll be thrilled that you took the time to prepare a homemade buffet of breakfast goodies. After washing down scrumptious strawberry French toast with perfectly mixed mimosas, pamper Mom even more with gifts ranging from the timeless, including chocolates and flowers to the extravagant, such as a gift certificate for an eco-spa retreat. Whatever your plans, remember that the most important part of Mother's Day is reminding Mom what an important and extraordinary person she truly is—greeting card optional.
Since Mom is obviously a champ, prepare to whip up a brunch spread truly fit for champions. Get energized for the day ahead by sipping cozy, comforting Irish Coffee topped with Whipped Cream and noshing on tasty Blueberry Scones—and that's just the appetizer. A classic brunch combo must include several essential side dishes and at least two mouthwatering main courses, striking the perfect balance between sweet and savory. Start by frying up breakfast favorites such as crispy Potato Pancakes and spicy Tempeh Sausage, and pair them with other stick-to-your-ribs standards including tantalizing Tofu Scramble and buttery Chive Biscuits covered in saucy, rustic Cashew Gravy. For a sincerely show-stopping centerpiece dish, look no further than fresh, fluffy French Toast covered in sweet Strawberry-Rhubarb Syrup. Now that you're officially Mom's favorite child, bring on dessert! If you're too stuffed to handle gooey Cinnamon Buns or rich, Parisian-inspired Vegan Crepes, then stick to light, chilled Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt—yes, on Mom's special day even yogurt should be indulgent.
Need some help planning a wonderful post-brunch day for Mom? Here are a few of our favorite ways to show Mom a splendid, stress-free afternoon. If you have a big family who wants to join in, throw a fabulous backyard soirée complete with live music, dancing, games, and even more delicious vegan food. For a smaller affair, plan a perfect spring picnic packed with vegan cheese and crackers, chilled white wine, and a deck of playing cards. For a more traditional take on Mother's Day fun, organize a fancy tea party and serve Mom's favorites as well as exotic, new flavors to charm her palate. For the most luxurious way to show mom a good time, plan an eco-spa escape, guaranteeing the ultimate rest and relaxation experience.
5 Vegan Summer Date Ideas
Summer lovin' happens so fast, especially when you're taking your date on vegan adventures.
Read More »
7 Glittery, Fabulous, Thrilling, Uncompromising, Inclusive, Vegan Ways I Plan on Celebrating Gay Pride Month
As a seasoned vegan lesbian but a brand new Angeleno, this year, I'm going all-in.
Read More »
The Ultimate Vegan Road Trip PART ONE
The first in our two part-series begins in the Northeast and ends in Sweet Home Chicago.
Read More »
Sizzling Vegan Summer Beauty Brands and Tips
Its too hot to contour, and who has time to paint a painstaking smoky eye when there are veggie burgers to grill and rosé to drink?
Read More »
9 Simple Steps to Making a Vegan Man Cave for Father's Day
This Father's Day, gift Dad with a perfect vegan addition to his sanctuary.
Read More »
- 8 Easy Ways to Have a Relaxing Father's Day
- 28 Vegan Father's Day Gift Ideas for Every Kind of Dad
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- 5 Ideas for a Great Vegan Spring Wedding
- 5 Zero-Waste Tips for Vegans
- 40 Things I Desperately Want to Eat at Los Angeles' Hottest Vegan Festival
- How to Throw the Ultimate Graduation Vegan Barbecue
- 5 Ways to Celebrate a Vegan Mother's Day with Your Mom
- 7 Pampering Vegan Products That Say I Love You, Mom
- Wicked Kitchen Chef Dishes on the Future of Vegan Food
- Why Going Vegan Can Help You Relax
- 3 Vegan Prom Makeup Looks
- The Ex-Airline Pilot Behind New York's Favorite Vegan Burger
- 10 Vegan Oatmeal Cups for the Person on the Go
- 8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
- This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
- It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
- We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
- VegFest Puerto Rico Built Community and Mainstreamed Veganism
- 8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List