Easy Halloween Crafts to Delight with Fright
Witchy, crafty, spooky treats can be yours with the VegNews guide to Halloween goods.
Happy Halloween! All Hallows' Eve is an inherently creative holiday that sees even the most artistically inept types getting imaginative with ingenious costumes, pumpkin carving, and decorations. What better time than a holiday where people are dressing up, getting freaky, munching on candy, and throwing parties to put on your own artist’s hat and get inventive? With inspiration from the talented crew at Vegan Etsy, VegNews explores crafty Halloween creations.
Your integral first step is to carve a Jack-O-Lantern, so look no further than Piraro’s Perfect Pumpkins to carve your own gourds that will double as works of art. Next up, costumes. VegNews has you covered with this guide on greening your costumes, including ideas for costumes representative of green personalities such as Mother Nature or a piece of certified organic fruit.
All you want to do is hang out, enjoy Halloween, and eat candy? Fine, we get it. Fortunately, the creative and talented minds behind Vegan Etsy have adorable hand-made gifts for your consumption. Vegan Etsy is a collective of likeminded artisans banded together to create a network of sellers you can be sure are slinging all-vegan goods.
Starrlight Jewelry and Designs presents Halloween-appropriate jewelry. We love the Gothic Spider Web Earrings and Gothic Spider Web Slave Bracelet. While you’re shopping at Starrlight, grab some of its Albino Bat Confetti for your present and future Halloween parties.
Sellers Vegancraftastic and Panda With Cookie source your adorable Halloween plushes with Vegancraftastic’s Candy Corn Pin, Jack O Lantern Halloween Keychain, and Panda With Cookie’s darling Candy Corn Plush Monster Pirate and Orange Crazy Eye Monster. Need something to carry your monstrous goodies around in? May we suggest a hearse-themed crafting bag? Be sure to tuck in some Skeleton Crew Stitch Markers, a Halloween Mishief notebook, and precious Count Swampula miniature vampire cyclops from other Vegan Etsy sellers. These are some spook-savvy vegans!
Time to talk candy. Vegan Etsy member Sweet V Confections make some pretty dangerous-looking sweets. Oatmeal Cream Pies or Pumpkin Biscotti, anyone? Or you can throw on a Halloween apron, and hit the kitchen to cook up your own Pumpkin Dandies, Halloween Soup, Friendly Zombie Cupcakes, and Tasty Toasted Squash Seeds. And for accidentally-vegan candy, VegNews brings you the Official Guide to Vegan Halloween Candy. Trick or Treat!
In 2018, Being Vegan Also Means Being a Recycler
Recycling saves the planet (and its inhabitants) and is great for tight budgets.
Read More »
Well, That Was Quick. 7 Ways Were Breaking Our 2018 Resolutions with the New Vegan Ben & Jerrys Flavors
The debut of the new flavors from this iconic ice cream brand have us dreaming of all the ways we plan on eating them.
Read More »
How a Vegan Celebrity Chef Became One of Biggest Influencers in Atlanta
Chef Ahki brings a much-needed relevance and relatability to many who never imagined themselves going vegan.
Read More »
4 Vegan Athletes Who Think You Need to Join the #PlantMilkChallenge
Cruelty-free athletes explain why they ditched dairy and how they fuel their bodies with plant-based milks.
Read More »
From 6 Months to Live to a New Lease On Life: Veganism Saved Her Life
In the popular Veganism Saved My Life series, we share stories of people who have witnessed extraordinary health overhauls thanks to a plant-based diet.
Read More »
- If Your Baby Could Talk, They Would Tell You They Really Want Vegan Diaper Ointments
- If Going Vegan is Your Resolution This Year, Read This
- 2018 is the Year of the Vegan Wine and Cheese Pairings
- How a Vegan Restaurateur Balances Work and a Hunter Husband
- You Are Only 6 Steps Away from Your Best Vegan Year Ever
- Everything You Need to Know About Milk Substitutes
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams' Enforced Policy Literally Saved His Life
- Frick 2017! Heres What VegNews Editors Plan to Do in 2018 …
- Want to Lower Your Blood Pressure? Go Vegan!
- Are Your Sweeteners as Vegan and Ethical as You Are?
- Is So-Called Clean Meat Vegan? Paul Shapiro Has the Answer
- The 12 Best Vegan Desserts of All Time at Trader Joes
- Winter Doesnt Stand a Chance Thanks to These 5 Vegan Skin Products
- Why Jackie Day Should Be Your New Vegan BFF
- 9 Vegan Startups You Need to Know About in 2018
- 2018 is the Year Your Skin Goes Vegan, Too
- Top 10 Vegan Recipes of 2017
- Forget Cookies. Here are the 7 Vegan Treats Santa Really Wants This Year ...
- 6 Survival Tips for Vegans at Holiday Parties
- 10 Last-Minute Vegan Stocking Stuffers for the Best Christmas Ever