4 Unforgettable Vegan Fall Getaways
Leave behind the stress of everyday life and extend a warm welcome to autumn with these lovely, eco-friendly, vegan bed and breakfast destinations.
As the leaves change color and the brisk air heralds the fall season, we want to escape our urban dwellings and experience the autumnal awesomeness that Mother Nature has to offer. Whether it’s a quick weekend getaway or an extended vacation, there’s a vegan bed and breakfast awaiting your arrival. Grab a cup of dairy-free hot cocoa (don’t forget the vegan marshmallows!), warm your toes by the fire, and cozy up to our list of five unforgettable full-on foliage getaways.
1. Velo Bed and Breakfast (Eugene, OR)
Situated in the lovely city of Eugene, OR, Velo stands for Veggie. Eco. Local. and Organic. This Oregon bed and breakfast is run by Misha and Rob, avid cyclists who know what goes into a delicious veg meal. Longtime cruelty-free connoisseur Misha has a background in vegan baking (guests are treated to warm homemade cookies during their stay) as well as a law degree. With mouthwatering morning delights such as freshly made blueberry pancakes (gluten-free on request), zucchini chocolate cake, and steaming hot French press coffee, we’re thinking breakfast at the Velo is sure to be legit.
2. Someday Farm Vegan Bed and Breakfast (Whidbey Island, WA)
Want to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life? Head to Someday Farm Vegan Bed and Breakfast on Whidbey Island in Washington state and retreat to a cozy cabin tucked away in the Pacific Northwest’s scenic forest. Relax with a nature hike or spend some time with the animals who call the farm home. Greet the day with a scrumptious veg breakfast delivered right to you room (guests rave about the chocolate-raspberry muffins and super moist blueberry crumble)––there’s a juicer and stocked pantry on site, too––then learn a few kitchen tips and tricks in one of Someday’s professionally-led cooking classes.
3. Stanford Inn by the Sea (Mendocino, CA)
Stanford Inn by the Sea is an eco-oasis of brightly colored wildflowers and overhanging cliffs just above the calming sea. Spend the evening in a luxurious room with rustic wooden floors and paneling and wake up to a chef-prepared breakfast fit for kings and queens. Inside the Stanford Inn is the acclaimed Ravens’ Restaurant with delectable organic and local fare including savory crêpes, French toast, vegan waffles, and tofu scramble. Stay for dinner and try the Sea Palm Spicy Curry or Ravens’ Portabella Reuben. Companion animals are welcomed with open arms. Read all about the wonderful amenities and services offered at the Stanford Inn from VegNews co-founder Colleen Holland.
4. Whisper's Ranch Bed and Breakfast (Elgin, AZ)
Not only does Whisper’s serve as an animal sanctuary for retired and abandoned animals, but it also provides homey accommodations for families looking to enjoy the outdoors. With special animal-welfare educational programs for children, as well as gourmet vegetarian and vegan allergy-free cuisine, Whisper’s is ideal for quality family fun-time. Menus are made special and tailored for guests. Decadent desserts such as raw vegan cheesecake and homemade cookies can be whipped up at your request. There’s even a fall special running until mid-November so that you can enjoy your autumn stay at a reduced rate.
8 Vegan Etsy Stickers That Your Car, Laptop, and Water Bottle Need, Like, Yesterday
Affordable and long-lasting, stickers are a great way to help spread the vegan message.
Read More »
This 10-Minute Documentary Is Showing How Children Are Embracing Veganism
Eight-year-old Elias ran a lemonade stand to raise money for a rescued sheep.
Read More »
It's Time for Men to Get Over Their Fears of Being Vegan
Many men are reluctant to go vegan for irrational reasons. Were here to fix that problem.
Read More »
We're Giving 5 Classic Films a Vegan Makeover
Classics such as Jaws, Dumbo, and King Kong would be so much better if they were filmed through a vegan lens.
Read More »
8 Vegan Foods Making the 2018 Food-Trend List
Plant-based foods have become the megatrend of the year thanks to innovative products taking up more space on grocery store shelves.
Read More »
- Fall in Love With Niagara's Vegan Scene
- If Trader Joe's Added These 11 Vegan Frozen Foods, We'd Never Have To Cook Again
- 8 Quirky Vegan Burritos To Make You Rethink Your Favorite Meal
- If You're a Broke Vegan Student, Read This
- It's Time Your Dog Went Vegan
- 6 Tips for Losing Weight on a Vegan Diet
- You're 8 Steps Away from Setting a Vegan Easter Table
- Did You Know César Chávez Was Also an Animal-Rights Activist?
- 10 Medical Reasons to Skip the Eggs on Easter
- 5 Startup Food Companies About to Revolutionize Veganism
- 10 Vegan Easter Candies We Want To Find in Our Easter Basket
- Rise Against Adds Veganism to Its Politically Charged Music
- 8 Reasons to Forget Keto and Go Vegan
- Meet the Vegan Anthropologist Changing Academia
- Vegan Food Will Be Served at the NFL Draft, Thanks to This Dallas Chef
- 5 Vegan Responses When Your Health Teacher Tells You to Eat Meat
- Vegan Self-Publishing in 4 Easy Steps
- Vegan St. Patricks Day 101
- It's Time You Talked to Your Parents About Your Veganism
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned in the Prison Garden