4 Unforgettable Vegan Fall Getaways
Leave behind the stress of everyday life and extend a warm welcome to autumn with these lovely, eco-friendly, vegan bed and breakfast destinations.
As the leaves change color and the brisk air heralds the fall season, we want to escape our urban dwellings and experience the autumnal awesomeness that Mother Nature has to offer. Whether it’s a quick weekend getaway or an extended vacation, there’s a vegan bed and breakfast awaiting your arrival. Grab a cup of dairy-free hot cocoa (don’t forget the vegan marshmallows!), warm your toes by the fire, and cozy up to our list of five unforgettable full-on foliage getaways.
1. Velo Bed and Breakfast (Eugene, OR)
Situated in the lovely city of Eugene, OR, Velo stands for Veggie. Eco. Local. and Organic. This Oregon bed and breakfast is run by Misha and Rob, avid cyclists who know what goes into a delicious veg meal. Longtime cruelty-free connoisseur Misha has a background in vegan baking (guests are treated to warm homemade cookies during their stay) as well as a law degree. With mouthwatering morning delights such as freshly made blueberry pancakes (gluten-free on request), zucchini chocolate cake, and steaming hot French press coffee, we’re thinking breakfast at the Velo is sure to be legit.
2. Someday Farm Vegan Bed and Breakfast (Whidbey Island, WA)
Want to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life? Head to Someday Farm Vegan Bed and Breakfast on Whidbey Island in Washington state and retreat to a cozy cabin tucked away in the Pacific Northwest’s scenic forest. Relax with a nature hike or spend some time with the animals who call the farm home. Greet the day with a scrumptious veg breakfast delivered right to you room (guests rave about the chocolate-raspberry muffins and super moist blueberry crumble)––there’s a juicer and stocked pantry on site, too––then learn a few kitchen tips and tricks in one of Someday’s professionally-led cooking classes.
3. Stanford Inn by the Sea (Mendocino, CA)
Stanford Inn by the Sea is an eco-oasis of brightly colored wildflowers and overhanging cliffs just above the calming sea. Spend the evening in a luxurious room with rustic wooden floors and paneling and wake up to a chef-prepared breakfast fit for kings and queens. Inside the Stanford Inn is the acclaimed Ravens’ Restaurant with delectable organic and local fare including savory crêpes, French toast, vegan waffles, and tofu scramble. Stay for dinner and try the Sea Palm Spicy Curry or Ravens’ Portabella Reuben. Companion animals are welcomed with open arms. Read all about the wonderful amenities and services offered at the Stanford Inn from VegNews co-founder Colleen Holland.
4. Whisper's Ranch Bed and Breakfast (Elgin, AZ)
Not only does Whisper’s serve as an animal sanctuary for retired and abandoned animals, but it also provides homey accommodations for families looking to enjoy the outdoors. With special animal-welfare educational programs for children, as well as gourmet vegetarian and vegan allergy-free cuisine, Whisper’s is ideal for quality family fun-time. Menus are made special and tailored for guests. Decadent desserts such as raw vegan cheesecake and homemade cookies can be whipped up at your request. There’s even a fall special running until mid-November so that you can enjoy your autumn stay at a reduced rate.
10 Reasons New Vegan Documentary The Game Changers Will Literally Change Every Game
One part What the Health and 10 parts of the most inspiring fitness routine you've ever seen, this new film—executively produced by James Cameron—will have you sweating in your seat.
Read More »
25 Accidentally Vegan Snacks You Can Find at Virtually Any Convenience Store
Forget the quinoa, and pass the Sour Patch Kids.
Read More »
14 Ways to Step Up Your Vegan Popcorn Game
Whether you prefer savory or sweet, weve got something for everyone on this list of snack-worthy recipes to celebrate National Popcorn Day.
Read More »
In 2018, Being Vegan Also Means Being a Recycler
Recycling saves the planet (and its inhabitants) and is great for tight budgets.
Read More »
Well, That Was Quick. 7 Ways Were Breaking Our 2018 Resolutions with the New Vegan Ben & Jerrys Flavors
The debut of the new flavors from this iconic ice cream brand have us dreaming of all the ways we plan on eating them.
Read More »
- How a Vegan Celebrity Chef Became One of Biggest Influencers in Atlanta
- 4 Vegan Athletes Who Think You Need to Join the #PlantMilkChallenge
- From 6 Months to Live to a New Lease On Life: Veganism Saved Her Life
- If Your Baby Could Talk, They Would Tell You They Really Want Vegan Diaper Ointments
- If Going Vegan is Your Resolution This Year, Read This
- 2018 is the Year of the Vegan Wine and Cheese Pairings
- How a Vegan Restaurateur Balances Work and a Hunter Husband
- You Are Only 6 Steps Away from Your Best Vegan Year Ever
- Everything You Need to Know About Milk Substitutes
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams' Enforced Policy Literally Saved His Life
- Frick 2017! Heres What VegNews Editors Plan to Do in 2018 …
- Want to Lower Your Blood Pressure? Go Vegan!
- Are Your Sweeteners as Vegan and Ethical as You Are?
- Is So-Called Clean Meat Vegan? Paul Shapiro Has the Answer
- The VegNews Vegan Starter Kit
- The 12 Best Vegan Desserts of All Time at Trader Joes
- Winter Doesnt Stand a Chance Thanks to These 5 Vegan Skin Products
- Why Jackie Day Should Be Your New Vegan BFF
- 9 Vegan Startups You Need to Know About in 2018
- 2018 is the Year Your Skin Goes Vegan, Too